ac-archive-maintainers

Boost and Python macros

From: Michael Tindal
Subject: Boost and Python macros
Date: Thu, 26 Aug 2004 16:51:47 -0400

Dear ac-archive maintainers,

 I apologize for sending these as a group, but they are all related to the
same subject.  Most of the macros check for the existance of Boost libraries
and determine the correct library names to use from a list of predefined
names and --with-boost-* macros.  The AX_PYTHON macro is used to set up the
build environment for the AX_BOOST_PYTHON test.  If there are alternative
methods to set that up please let me know.  I hope others find my
contributions useful.  I plan on writing some macros to test for Boost
testing frameworks soon.

The macros have been tested under my system (Debian GNU/Linux unstable, boost
installed via apt-get) but the provided --with options should allow enough
robustness for all systems.  Only caveat right now is I don't know how to
check for what threading flag to use on a compiler (these are my first M4
macros), so -pthread is hardcoded in AX_BOOST_THREAD.

Thank you for your time,

Michael Tindal