ac-archive-maintainers

Re: Autoconf and Automake macros.

From: Peter Simons
Subject: Re: Autoconf and Automake macros.
Date: 27 Sep 2004 22:03:40 +0200

Tom,

a few weeks ago, you submitted a set of macros. As you will
have guessed, getting them into the archive is not as simple
as one might think: right now, we have no way of adding the
*.am files!

I'd love to add that capability to the archive, but I know
very little about Automake and, frankly, have no idea how to
do it. Does the every *.am file belong inseparably to the
Autoconf macro? Should both files be presented (and
documented) on the same page? Or is it possible to use both
macros independently of each other? So that they both should
have entries of their own on the index?

Peter