ac-archive-maintainers

Re: File names (and synchronization)

From: Guido Draheim
Subject: Re: File names (and synchronization)
Date: Wed, 19 Jan 2005 21:21:41 +0100

Peter Simons wrote:

> About synchronization: Wouldn't it be beneficial if Guido's
> archive would generate its presentation from the _same_ CVS
> repository as gnu.org does? The problem I see right now is
> that there are still numerous macros in the sf.net
> repository that are _not_ on gnu.org, and I don't see any
> technical reason why that would be. Guido, what do you
> think? Could we agree to _both_ use the repository on
> Savannah? And to commit new entries there and only there?

Well, I had a long answer on my mind, but let's put it short,
(a) killing the duplication would be nice but my systems
    works by making a cvs snapshot with rpmbuild -ta *.tar.
    How to get the gnu macros into the snapshot tar then...
(b) There are macros in the sfnet branch that are purely
    experimental, I was not aware of how the gnu archive
    does mark experimentals anyway.
(c) I am submitting macros to savannah already, those
    experimentals can go there when the processing is
    going to be defined to an acceptable degree.
We are currently in the making of archive unification, if
the gnu ac-archive build files are in place I can start
dropping the sfnet build and sync processing - in that order.

cheers,
-- guido                  http://google.de/search?q=guidod
GCS/E/S/P C++/++++$ ULHS L++w- N++@ s+:a d(+-) r+@>+++ y++