ada-mode-users

[Ada-mode-users] ada-gnat-xref, ada-gnat-xref-all with .gpr project file

From: Ludovic Brenta
Subject: [Ada-mode-users] ada-gnat-xref, ada-gnat-xref-all with .gpr project files: gnat: 'gnat find -P' is no longer supported;
Date: Mon, 19 Dec 2016 14:05:17 +0100

Hello,

We're (finally) switching to GPR project files for our build process
and, at the same time, trying to switch to them for the editing and
navigation in source files.  Unfortunately we're doing this right at
the same time as GNAT Pro is dropping support for project files from
all utilities except gprbuild; gnat find now says:

gnat: 'gnat find -P' is no longer supported;

Investigating in ada-mode, I see that the invocation of "gnat find"
is hardcoded in ada-gnat-xref and ada-gnat-xref-all.  But I also see
that gnatfind still supports project files, with "-p" not "-P":

gnatfind -ptact_tacot.gpr -a Count_Location_Editor:reroute_editor.adb:9:6
count_location_editor.ads:12:9: (spec) Count_Location_Editor

Patch attached; I prepared this against revision
039320f4f3f803d860ec5dbae3f3b760c9debc89; this will get us going until
gnatfind also drops project file support.

(This patch also renames the buffer '*compilation-gnatfind*' to just
'*gnatfind*', per popular demand).

--
Ludovic Brenta.