ada-mode-users

[Ada-mode-users] beta testing

From: Stephen Leake
Subject: [Ada-mode-users] beta testing
Date: Sat, 03 Jun 2017 01:42:56 -0500

I'm working on adding error handling to the parser.

As a first step, I implemented a totally different indentation
algorithm, in o.e.a.stephe-2.

The algorithm uses "indent deltas" specified in the grammar; it is much
easier to make things consistent. It also significantly reduces the
number of "put-text-property" calls in the parser actions, speeding
things up; it's faster than the external GPS indentation engine on large
files.

o.e.a.stephe-2 is ready for beta-testing, if you want to give it a try.

The error handling is in o.e.a.stephe-4; not working yet. It relies on
running the parser in an external process, because I'm implementing the
error-handling in Ada. The change in o.e.a.stephe-2 means there is much
less communication between the Emacs and parser processes, speeding
things up.

--
-- Stephe