ada-mode-users

Re: [Ada-mode-users] Line number mismatch with cross-references

From: Stephen Leake
Subject: Re: [Ada-mode-users] Line number mismatch with cross-references
Date: Mon, 20 Nov 2017 10:43:53 -0600

Simon Wright <address@hidden> writes:

> On 4 Sep 2017, at 01:21, Stephen Leake <address@hidden> wrote:
>>
>> Simon Wright <address@hidden <mailto:address@hidden>> writes:
>>
>>> After working on a file for a while, a mismatch develops between the
>>> line numbers reported by e.g. C-c C-r and where point ends up when you
>>> click on a reference. The reported line numbers are correct, but point
>>> is at a different line number.
>>
>> I only see this when the cross-reference database is out of date, but
>> then "the reported line numbers" would not be correct.
>>
>> Just to be clear; you have tried Ada | Misc | refresh cross reference
>> cache ?
>>
>> Are you using gpr-query? I assume so.
>
> Yes.
>
> My workround is to delete the *gpr-query-/where/ever/foo.gpr* buffer &
> recreate it by C-c C-p on the GPR.

Deleting the buffer kills the process; the next xref action recreates
it, reading the updated db from disk. 'refresh cross reference cache'
is kills the process as well; gpr-query-refresh does that.

The menu item 'refresh cross reference cache' is bound to
ada-xref-refresh, which calls the function pointed to by
ada-xref-refresh-function.

Is ada-xref-refresh-function set to gpr-query-refresh?

After invoking ada-xref-refresh, does the *gpr* buffer show "process
terminated" or something similar?

--
-- Stephe