ada-mode-users

Re: [SPAM UNSURE] Re: AdaCore Ada_Language_Server via eglot

From: Stephen Leake
Subject: Re: [SPAM UNSURE] Re: AdaCore Ada_Language_Server via eglot
Date: Thu, 27 Oct 2022 03:25:46 -0700

Stephen Leake <stephen_leake@stephe-leake.org> writes:

> Troy Brown <brownts@troybrown.dev> writes:
>
>> Is this something you're considering releasing officially?
>
> No, because indent doesn't work well. Ada_Language_Server refuses to
> indent any code with syntax errors.
>
> On the other hand, ada-mode used to be that way as well, so I suppose it
> would be nice to support that option.

eglot will be supported in the upcoming ada-mode 8.0 release.

>> Also, is there any reason this wouldn't be applicable to lsp-mode in
>> addition to eglot?

I have not tested it with lsp-mode. I will try to allow that (at least
allow user to say "I'm not using eglot!").

> I guess only loading ada-skel if requested, or if some other skeleton
> package is not provided, might be easy to support.

ada-mode 8.0 will not insert the initial string; that is now only done
by auto-indent-mode.

> ada-mode should not set require-final-newline. But removing that now
> would be a regression, so I think we're stuck with it. It is easy to
> override.
>
> Similarly for comment-padding.

ada-mode 8.0 will not set these.

--