adonthell-artwork

Re: [Adonthell-artwork] north anim

From: Kenneth Gangstoe
Subject: Re: [Adonthell-artwork] north anim
Date: Thu, 21 Mar 2002 14:22:12 +0100

Quoting walther-franks (address@hidden):
> okeydokey - anim number two!
>
> NG (naked guy) can move north now, and this time you'll find more than just
> his limbs moving - he even has back muscles moving and all. Parts might seem
> a bit twitchy, but I'm slowly getting there.
> Two unusual things about my attachment: (Apart from me actually attaching it
> ;P )
>
> -I've included a gif animation (yeah, I've worked out how to)
> -The seperate .tif-frames come with a white background.
>
> This is due to a phenomenon in my newly installed Photoshop 6.0: All the
> mixed colours, so every colour excluding black and white, seem to have some
> kind of noise going on! The colour selection option will never select a
> whole area of the same colour, just dotty parts of it. But the pipette tool
> tells me every pixel is exactly of the same colour! This will explain the
> extreme noise Alex noticed.
> I have always used the colour selection tool to get rid of any noise, now I
> can't even get an evenly coloured background!
>
> Strange happenings - anyways, with white it works, so I'm afraid you have to
> change around th e #FFFFFF to #FF00FF. This works, since ther is no pure
> white in the animation.

Looks excellent, but it looks abit like he's "sliding" with his feet. When
people walk, they tend to lift their feet, would that be possible ?
Also, the back muscles switch very fast - from left to right. Maybe a more
smooth transition between the two "states" would make it more natural.

Otherwise, it gotta be one of the best 6 frame walking-man animation I've seen
:)

- Kenneth