adonthell-artwork

Re: [Adonthell-artwork] Waste's Edge graphics

From: Kai Sterker
Subject: Re: [Adonthell-artwork] Waste's Edge graphics
Date: Tue, 26 May 2009 11:08:34 +0200

On Tue, May 26, 2009 at 10:08 AM, Ingo Ruhnke <address@hidden> wrote:

> 2009/5/25 Kai Sterker <address@hidden>:
>> I think I'll go ahead and turn the graphics that grumbel provided so
>> far into usable map objects. I am just a bit unsure where to put them.
>> The sources should probably go into adonthell-gfx, but I am unsure
>> about the processed PNGs, sprites and shapes.
>
> Are we still talking about CVS or already about Git? If CVS we really
> should switch to Git first. And if we are already talking about Git,
> making the repository public should be the next thing to do
> (https://github.com is a good location).

So you'd suggest using a service outside of Savannah? There the
difference to github is that only project members can push stuff back
into the repository. They also have a reasonable howto:
https://savannah.gnu.org/maintenance/UsingGit.

OTOH, a completely public repository would be neat too. Perhaps start
that way and see how it goes.

> I would leave the 0.3 stuff untouched, as its fine the way it is.
> Instead copy it and then work on the copy.

That would be not so different from working on a branch (or moving the
current stuff to a branch), but we might also just start with a fresh
git repository and move things over as needed.

So I think what I'll do is making some of those map objects ready and
once I have a few together, put them into a wastesedge git repository
on github.

> Is the goal to completly remake the Wastesedge game or just to remake
> the location for use in 0.4?

The plan is a complete remake ... as that will show where there are
still pieces missing in the current engine.

Kai