Re: [Adonthell-devel] using namespace std;

From: Kai Sterker
Subject: Re: [Adonthell-devel] using namespace std;
Date: Wed, 05 Dec 2001 11:41:06 +0100 (CET)

On Tue, 04 Dec 2001 18:24:41 -0700 Lakin Wecker wrote

> 1) the best solution would be to append std::<blah> to everything that needs
> it in both the header and implementation file.

That's certainly the best.

If I remember correctly, the using namespace directives were introduced when we
tried to compile with gcc 3.0. We thought that would improve performance, but
it didn't. So it was rather a quick'n dirty hack than anything else.