Re: [Adonthell-devel] Battle System, take II

From: Joseph Toscano
Subject: Re: [Adonthell-devel] Battle System, take II
Date: Mon, 4 Feb 2002 18:44:20 -0500

Kai wrote:
> Or they could just issue on single command after the other. Of course that
> way they'd lose some benefit of a successful combo. But they wouldn't have
> go through all the preparing, but could dive into the action right away.

I agree. I think the main concern should be offense, and that it shouldn't
be *required* that you have to use combos and all of that. If you want, you
can just slash, wait for your recovery meter to hit 100%, and then slash
again at full power. Thus, defense, as Kai suggests, should be contained to
internal calculations.

Another thing: I think you should still be able to physically attack while
your recovery meter isn't 100%. If it has only reached 50%, then you're not
going to do as much damage (or, indeed, any at all) as if it were 100%.

--JT