[Adonthell-devel] Releases

From: Alexandre Courbot
Subject: [Adonthell-devel] Releases
Date: 28 Feb 2002 13:05:10 +0100

Just asking something about our release policy: when we decide to
release, could we announce the intention to the list and wait one day
before making dist and uploading the tar.gz file? It's just to allow the
Debian package mainteners to update the debian/changelog file, which
defines the version number too. The current 0.3.2 source package for
example becomes 0.3.1 when you build a debian binary. But as 0.3.2 is
only interesting for Solaris users, this doesn't hurt.

(secondarily, this will also allow me to be aware that we released
before seeing the news item on the website ;))

Thanks!