[Adonthell-devel] Game startup

From: Kai Sterker
Subject: [Adonthell-devel] Game startup
Date: Sat, 25 May 2002 12:11:14 +0200

Another cool feature of Ultima 9 (also see my other mail) is the
startup: once you have a saved game, it will automatically load that
game without even showing a title or intro screen. So after a click on
the icon you're ready to play in 15 secs. As Adonthell should load much
faster, we could do that in 5 secs or even less.

I personally like that feature, and it's not hard to implement. Just
figure out the newest game and load it. Would you like this?

If so, I would take care of that and suggest the following
implementation:

If there is a saved game, it'll be loaded without delay. If there is
none, or if it is corrupted we load the usual title screen and main
menu. I'd also make a command line switch that forces to display the
title screen. That'll be mainly of interest when coding title screen or
intro or something, where we want them to display.

It's just a small detail, but after all it's those details that decide
whether a game is just average or cool.