[Adonthell-devel] game selection feature

From: Kai Sterker
Subject: [Adonthell-devel] game selection feature
Date: Mon, 3 Jun 2002 10:57:02 +0200

James suggested this during last IRC meeting. Whenever you run Adonthell
without giving it a data package to use, it would bring up a screen that
lists the installed games and allows to launch one. Passing a proper
game would take you directly to that game of course.

Since we wanted to include some basic data (font and theme) with the
engine anyway, this wouldn't be a big problem. It could even be
hardcoded into the engine.

Each game would need to provide an image and a text file with some meta
information we can display next to it. Like the game's name, short
description, author, URL, etc ... .

That'd be much more convenient than some output to the command line that
a lot of people will miss.