Re: [Adonthell-devel] changes, problems & solutions

From: Kai Sterker
Subject: Re: [Adonthell-devel] changes, problems & solutions
Date: Mon, 17 Jun 2002 01:35:32 +0200

On Mon, 17 Jun 2002 00:33:56 +0200 Kenneth Gangstoe wrote:

> I felt sorry for you - talking with yourself :)

A response! Now my day is saved! :)

Even talking with oneself seems odd, trying to explain things to others
helps me thinking them through a lot better. And writing a problem down
properly, often brings up the solution.

> Anyway, now that this is mostly done, maybe a document describing the
> final design would be nice to have? This also goes for other aspects
> of the engine. Whenever one part is done, a document describing it is
> made available for others to read through. Might save some time
> instead of manually going through the sourcecode to understand the
> ideas behind a certain engine-component.

Heh, guess what? I thought so myself. Just made an update to the old
schedule docu (to the 0.4 branch; doc/devel/mapcharschedules.dxt).
Together with the inline documentation, this should give at least a
halfway decent overview over the schedule system. Writing good
documentation isn't easy, I fear. If something remains unclear, please
tell.

But yeah, it would be a good habit to document the code as soon as it is
finished. I personally got used to write the doxygen inline docu before
implementing the actual method. Again, writing down what a method should
do helps a lot with the actual coding.