Re: [Adonthell-devel] Would you believe it - Vector collision demo avail

From: Kai Sterker
Subject: Re: [Adonthell-devel] Would you believe it - Vector collision demo available!
Date: Thu, 12 Sep 2002 22:20:28 +0200

On Thu, 12 Sep 2002 21:01:49 +0200 Alexandre Courbot wrote:

> Hi guys!
>
> No, your eyes aren't fooling you - I got this vector collision test
> finished! And it is available for you to check!

Wow! It's really cool. And very fast, even on the P200! (Of course, it
just has to check 2 objects). OTOH, it's entirly written in Python. I
expect a C++ version will be much faster even. :)

Just one issue: might be an off-by-one error: place obj1 above obj2 and
then move downwards until you hit obj2 in the middle. In that case, both
lines overlap. Now if you slide to the left or right, and slide back
again, you'll suddenly collide. But that's just a minor thing.

I doubt that anyone can win a beer of you without some hand-editing in
The Gimp ;).

So that's really great once more. Can't wait to see this with more
objects and true 3D movement ;).

> First make sure to update your 0.4 branch,

Btw, I had to make a few changes to get it working with autoconf 2.53
and automake 1.6. There's still an odd bug: it can't automatically build
the libraries in the subdirectories. Always complains like "no rule to
build xyz/libxyz.a". It finds the libs if I build them manually though.
Really weird.