[Adonthell-devel] automake issue and RPMs

From: Kai Sterker
Subject: [Adonthell-devel] automake issue and RPMs
Date: Mon, 23 Sep 2002 22:08:51 +0200

Since today I am back at uni, so you won't hear as much from me as
during the last few months.

Most of this day I spent with getting Adonthell to work on my box here;
for tomorrow I've planned an 'apt-get dist-upgrade'. After that I should
be settled in andbe a bit more producive again.

Anyway, one thing I wanted to mention is that Adonthell compiled well on
my Debian box, even with libtool-1.4.2a - whatever the problem is, it
ain't libtool's fault. However, I had to manually run 'automake-1.6
--add-missing --gnu --copy' after the initial 'autogen.sh', as
'automake' still points to automake 1.4, which is too old. I'm using
autoconf 2.54 and automake 1.6.3, btw.

Another point is building RPM packages. Works like a charm too, even
under Debian :). The only question is how those packages will behave on
a real RPM-based distro. But it would be worth a try. I'll upload them
tomorrow or wednesday for testing and I'll also try them myself on my
SuSE 7.2 box when I'm at home over the weekend.

Heh, and while I'm at it, I might try compiling for BeOS one of these
days. It'll probably compile, but I fear it'll crash like before. Well,
we'll see ...

Cheers,