[Adonthell-devel] New physics engine for 0.4, test 2

From: Alexandre Courbot
Subject: [Adonthell-devel] New physics engine for 0.4, test 2
Date: Sun, 29 Sep 2002 19:16:48 +0200

Hi guys,

I've cleared my Python prototype (actually I've rewritten it), and here
is the second take, with objects that slide! It doesn't work too bad,
but there are still some bugs from time to time (ie the object manage to
pass through because of a bad placing), but I think I know where they
come from and this should be quickly fixed. Anyway, once this is done
the basics of the basics of 0.4 map engine will be settled, and that's a
good news. I'm full of motivation these days, so I'll try to do the
maximum while it last! ^_^

Anyway, here is the file if you wanna test, with pytest as usual. Don't
expect something perfect, but at least it's fast as I wanted it to be
and only needs a few fixes to get it right. The line that is displayed
when a collision occurs is used to determine where to place the object
to obtain the sliding effect (I'll describe the techniques in the map
engine specif doc once I've finished the C++ implementation)

Have fun!