Re: [Adonthell-devel] Release last bits - RPM packages and directories o

From: Kai Sterker
Subject: Re: [Adonthell-devel] Release last bits - RPM packages and directories organization
Date: Mon, 30 Sep 2002 19:55:35 +0200

On Mon, 30 Sep 2002 17:42:14 +0200 Alexandre Courbot wrote:

> Ah, one last detail: all the links to the current files on the website
> are broken. Kai, you'd better hurry updating the site before you get
> thousands of complains! ;)

Everything is fine now.

> Once this is done, we can announce. I'm can do freshmeat, linuxgames,
> happypenguin, savannah, sourceforge, comp.os.linux.announce. Kai, you
> might want to do the annouce ML, our website (obviously ;)),
> madmonkey, some others? If you can re-post the exact annoucement
> message here so I roughly copy/paste it, that'd be great! :)

Okay, if you do those, then I'll do the rest. The announcement follows:

Version 0.3.3 of Adonthell [0] is out. With it comes Waste's Edge [1],
the first in a series of mini RPGs to test our engine and to introduce
our game world.

We're putting as much effort into this world and its background as we
put into actual coding and game design. The first fruits of these
efforts can be viewed in our library [2].

As you can imagine, we're constantly looking for writers, artists and
programmers. More information is available at [3].

The most notable changes over 0.3.2 include

* NLS support (no translations available yet - *hint, hint*)
* Doublesize (640x480) mode
* Huge speed improvements
* Bugfixes for big endian machines (no more psychedelic gfx though)

[0] http://adonthell.linuxgames.com/
[1] http://adonthell.linuxgames.com/download/index.shtml#wastesedge
[2] http://adonthell.linuxgames.com/library/
[3] http://adonthell.linuxgames.com/development/

> I'm sorry that I have not been able to make the Windows installer
> today, with the latest binary. I'll upload it tomorrow morning, that
> will let us the evening to find places to announce.

Okay, I've commented the windows download stuff out for now. Feel free
to change that after you uploaded the installer.