[Adonthell-devel] v0.3.4?

From: Kai Sterker
Subject: [Adonthell-devel] v0.3.4?
Date: Sun, 20 Oct 2002 22:21:25 +0200

After seeing Joel's progress with the window system, I wonder whether
it's time to think about v0.3.4.

I would suggest to port the new input and window system to v0.3. In
doing so we would (a) test and debug the stuff, could (b) try to unify
input events and other events and (c) bring the new code tree to v0.3.

That way, the upcoming translations could make use of TTF and we would
further add mouse and gamepad support. That seem to be changes enough
for another v0.3.x release.

Behind the scenes, we could introduce the new code tree with its
different modules. The problem we have now is that parts of the v0.3
code are newer than the v0.4 branch (namely the event system and python
stuff). So I think it would make sense to move things to the main branch
once they become usable. That way we could avoid mergine v0.4 branch
back one day -- something that will get very messy, I fear.

If we want to keep Waste's Edge compatible with the engine, we have to
port it to the new input and window system anyway, so we can as well do
that now (or at least once everything is ready). And as v0.4 is a still
long way away, a v0.3.4 release in spring 2003 would certainly be nice.

What do you think?