Re: [Adonthell-devel] this and that ...

From: James Nash
Subject: Re: [Adonthell-devel] this and that ...
Date: Wed, 26 May 2004 11:31:20 +0100

address@hidden wrote:

Hi,

unfortunately, I am a little busy for the next 2 weeks, so don't expect any
progress on the rpg module during that period. However, I wasn't entirely lazy.
I played WE once again (and I have to say, some of the dialogues were funnier
than I remembered :-)) and encountered the problem reported by a few people,
that the game 'freezes' right before the end sequence. That's fixed now. I'll
probably commit stuff on the weekend.

More important, I wanted to hear what you guys think about a summer meeting
this year. I know that most of us are more busy than ever, but perhaps we could
manage a couple of days. A week would be cool, of course. If we could use part
of this time for coding (and creating artwork), we'd get quite a lot done, I
believe.
I'd definitely be up for a meeting!
I'm not entirly sure what I'll be doing over summer - I've applied for an IBM internship, so hopefully I'll be doing that, but I dunno if I got in yet. In any case I should be able to squeeze in a week somewhere along the line!

I finish exams on Friday so after that I can hopefully start doing some stuff again...

Another issue is the website. I still haven't had the time to write those PHP
scripts. Also, the DB with the old website data sits on my desktop which is
packed away in Chemnitz, while I am here in Regensburg. Next time I go back,
I'll try to copy things to my notebook. But I don't know when this will be.
However, I would be happy if somebody else could take care of the website. I'd
rather spend what little time I have on v0.4 engine coding.
...eventually I'd be happy to take care of the site... BUT I have some other sites to do first coz I've promised various ppl I would so I would not be able to do anything soon. (Also I haven't learnt PHP yet - I'm still a Perl person ;P). So perhaps someone else should step in for now - but in the long run I'd definitely be up for working on the site.

A lot of my recent work has revolved around websites and related stuff. My third year project was an RDF editor (RDF is a format for meta data) which got me thinking: perhaps I can add an RSS feed of our diary and website news some day (RSS 1.0 is based on RDF) - that'd be cool IMHO.

   -James