[Adonthell-devel] brief status update

From: ksterker
Subject: [Adonthell-devel] brief status update
Date: Fri, 20 Aug 2004 13:05:05 +0200

Just yesterday I've started coding again, revising engine startup a little, as
things didn't work very well with Python scripts.

However, once I am finished, using the engine from Python will be as convenient
as using it from C++:

Modules can be initialized by the init_modules method of the main Application
class. Module cleanup will be automatic. Backend to use is read from
configuration file.

Moreover, command line args passed to the python script will be looked at by
the engine, so backend, game directory or config file can be specified on the
command line, e.g. 'python script.py -b sdl'.

I should be able to commit stuff on monday. Perhaps I have more stuff done by
then as well.