[Adonthell-devel] Re: Win32/CMake progress

From: Kai Sterker
Subject: [Adonthell-devel] Re: Win32/CMake progress
Date: Tue, 9 Jan 2007 00:18:47 -0800

On 1/7/07, Kai Sterker <address@hidden> wrote:

Since I have separated runtime and debug wrappers into their own
folder, I'm not able to commit what I have yet. I don't want to break
the automake stuff before the cmake build process works completely
(And even then, I'd still keep both in sync for a while). I'll check
stuff in as soon as I've been able to verify the changes I made to the
makefiles. You'll hear from me then ...

Got everything working and checked in the changes to the cmake build
stuff. The only problem I noticed is that the base::path
initialization is happening two times now. I'll take a look at that.

In my testing, I also found that some of the test scripts are not yet
changed for the new serialization code. I've fixed eventtest.py, but
others might still be wrong. Another thing I'll look into.

Also haven't updated the automake stuff yet, but it keeps working as I
haven't removed py_runtime.i and py_debug.i from py-wrappers/adonthell
yet. It's also on my list.

I have however tried the cmake build on OSX and figured out that it
now works without special linker flags, as no unresolved symbols are
left in any of our libraries. I've also generated the dependency graph
for all our libs and modules, but it looks still messy. Maybe there is
some room for cleanup by removing some of the explicit dependencies.
Not sure ...

Anyway, it's really motivating to hear about renewed interest in
development, so expect more to come from me soon ... :-)