Re: [Adonthell-devel] problem compiling toward charedit

From: Kai Sterker
Subject: Re: [Adonthell-devel] problem compiling toward charedit
Date: Tue, 17 Jul 2007 12:31:19 -0700

On 7/17/07, Andrew Phillips <address@hidden> wrote:
I've added that #ifdef statement.

I think I have the include chain right, more or less, but the errors that
g++ kicks back include the following:
[...]
I think I have all the appropriate Python files included.

That should be <Python.h> of an actual Python installation.

I've also noticed some oddness when I include base/timer.cc and
base/paths.cc

Just pass a -DHAVE_NANOSLEEP to the compiler for timer.cc. Then it
won't try to redefine things. It was only required for systems that
don't have an implementation for the nanosleep C function (like
Windows).

For paths.cc you'll need to pass
-DPKGLIBDIR=\"\\\"/usr/local/lib/adonthell\\\"\"" and
-DDATA_DIR=\"\\\"/usr/local/share/adonthell\\\"\"".

Those values would be the default on Unix, but you could change them
to something that makes more sense in your case.

PKGLIBDIR specifies where the backend modules go, DATA_DIR is the
default location for game data files.

Actually, DATA_DIR can be overridden by passing the -g parameter to
the engine and a ADONTHELL_MODULES_PATH environment variable takes
precedence over PKGLIBDIR. So it hardly matters what you specify here.

As for the undeclared functions, the #includes in paths.cc might not
be right for your system. Seems you need to additionally #include
<stdio.h> to get stderr and fprintf. For getcwd you'll probably want
#include <unistd.h>