Re: [Adonthell-devel] Re: demo "map" complete

From: Andrew Phillips
Subject: Re: [Adonthell-devel] Re: demo "map" complete
Date: Thu, 19 Jul 2007 01:21:00 -0500

Glad you liked it, and thanks for the correction. I just spun something up based on my reading of the code, so gamepad and keyboard got equal time. I'll fix the file.

As to the example configuration, you might have to guide me on that. The last game console I 'owned' was an Atari 5800. I'll make an attempt, but I can't promise its usefulness.

Andrew

On 7/18/07, Kai Sterker <address@hidden> wrote:
On 7/18/07, Andrew Phillips <address@hidden> wrote:

> Behold, a draft PLAYING file! (see attached)

Great :-). I only have one important correction:

Gamepad controls are not enabled by default. They can be configured though.

It's part of the code that needs to be improved. Only I haven't even
got around to add the appropriate task to the road map. The background
is that one could assign multiple keys/buttons to the same action. But
when I implemented configurable input, I didn't really realize this,
so the configuration allows only one key/button per action.

We could however provide a piece of example configuration that should
work with gamepads.