[Adonthell-devel] SWIG version mismatch

From: Kai Sterker
Subject: [Adonthell-devel] SWIG version mismatch
Date: Fri, 29 Jun 2012 23:07:51 +0200

All,

here's an issue I ran into while trying out Josh's audio feedback:
worldtest would just quit saying "*** cxx_to_py: no Python module
imported!".

Turns out I had py_runtime.cc generated by an old version of SWIG,
while the actual wrappers had been recreated by the new version. Had
to manually delete py_runtime.cc to have it regenerated and after a
recompile everything worked fine.

But maybe there needs to be a check in place to either prevent this
from happening, or at least catch it at runtime and give a more
helpful error message. It's probably in general a good idea to ensure
that all python wrappers are created by the same version of SWIG,

Guess I'll make that my first task, unless somebody is looking for
something smallish.