Re: [Adonthell-devel] GUI audio feedback done!

From: Kai Sterker
Subject: Re: [Adonthell-devel] GUI audio feedback done!
Date: Wed, 18 Jul 2012 23:10:20 +0200

On Wed, Jul 18, 2012 at 10:52 PM, Josh Glover <address@hidden> wrote:

>> P.S.: Already got an idea what to do next?
>
> Nope, no clue. What do we need to get WE out?

There's the bit about separate volume settings for different types of
audio, although that's probably just a "nice to have".

More important might be a more formal "adonthell" application. I.e.
separating the main ioop into an actual method provided by the engine,
and some kind of launcher that does some of the initialization and
then calls a python script for game-specific initialization. This
script would then start the main loop.

Here's the initialization and call to init.py.
http://cvs.savannah.gnu.org/viewvc/adonthell-0.3/src/main.cc?root=adonthell&view=markup

And there's the main loop
http://cvs.savannah.gnu.org/viewvc/adonthell-0.3/src/adonthell.cc?root=adonthell&view=markup

In v0.4, all of the initialization is already in place, and worldtest
contains a game loop that pretty much covers everything. The one thing
that is not so sure is where stuff should go.