Re: [Adonthell-devel] install differences betweeen cmake and autoconf

From: Kai Sterker
Subject: Re: [Adonthell-devel] install differences betweeen cmake and autoconf
Date: Sat, 28 Jul 2012 10:44:18 +0200

On Sat, Jul 28, 2012 at 4:22 AM, Chris Frey <address@hidden> wrote:

> One more question:  why do we have both cmake and autoconf?
>
> Are they needed? :-)

CMake was originally introduced to get Adonthell built on Windows. The
one thing that it is still lacking is a proper 'make dist' target.
That and the fact that adonthell-tools still uses automake are the
reasons to keep autotools around.

As for the install differences: sdl/sdl_manager.h is a private header
that shouldn't be installed. (The question is, are other such headers
from sdl or sdl2 subdirectories installed?).

Another thing I noticed is that something called
./lib/libadonthell_py_main.so does get installed by autotools. Not
sure where this comes from, but I am quite sure it isn't required.