[Adonthell-general] Re: C++/Python developers for a graphical role playi

From: Alexandre Courbot
Subject: [Adonthell-general] Re: C++/Python developers for a graphical role playing game
Date: Wed, 10 Jul 2002 10:49:40 +0200

> I am a student of the University of Queensland, a leading
> education provider in Australia, pursuing my Masters degree
> in Information Technology. I have 3 years programming
> experiences on C++. And I am happy to do some help on the
> famous public open source projects.

Hi Johnny,

Welcome aboard! Please subscribe to the adonthell-general and
adonthell-devel mailing lists, and to others at your convenience
(http://adonthell.linuxgames.com/contact/mailinglist.shtml). Then I
think the best thing to so would be to introduce yourself to the
adonthell-general list and launch the discussion on what you'd like to
work on.

The "must read" page is
http://adonthell.linuxgames.com/development/join.shtml. You probably
already have read it, but in case you haven't, you know what to do now!
:)

Please also browse the website to get familiar with the game. There is a
lot of interesting information, not always programming related, but we
try to see the game as a whole and to not remain enclosed in our area.
Programmers take part in the artists discussion, and vice versa. This
makes developing for Adonthell quite fun (well, in our opinion, at
least).

If you have any problem with compiling the sources, feel free to ask
questions to adonthell-general. You'll also probably want to get the 0.4
sources from CVS, as it has very little in common with 0.3 and you'll
more likely work on this version. The 0.4 files are in the
Branch_road_to_0-4 branch. You'll need some datas to run the test
programs, I'll make them available soon and will announce this on
adonthell-general.

I've CCed this mail to adonthell-general. See guys, we're considered as
a "famous" project here! ;)

See you soon then! :)
Alex.
--