Re: [Adonthell-general] rules: multiclassing (new ability system)

From: Kai Sterker
Subject: Re: [Adonthell-general] rules: multiclassing (new ability system)
Date: Tue, 8 Oct 2002 19:27:38 +0200

On Sun, 06 Oct 2002 23:26:45 +0200 Benjamin Walther-Franks wrote:

> Kai: I'll send you the tex sources as soon as I get them done - I have
> to work the .txt-file into the existing rules yet.

Okay.

I have just created the 'doc' module btw. Right now it only contains the
plot design guidelines. Refer to
    http://savannah.nongnu.org/cvs/?group=adonthell
if you don't know how to check it out.

So in theory you could add everything yourself, Ben. But if you don't
want to dive into CVS right now, I'll do it for ye.

> About the doc cvs: How about, when we have discussions on the lists
> about rules, plot and whatnot we place small txt snippets - just
> copynpaste the mail(s) - in the doc directories? That way ideas won't
> be lost and developers could always check wether they remembered
> everything discussed. Once the ideas have made it into a documentation
> or have become out-of-date the txt snippets could be removed.

Hm. Not sure if that is a good plan. Once a file is in CVS, it can't be
deleted any more, only moved to the 'attic'. So we'd fill the repository
with lots of useless junk.

The idea as such is cool though. A way to globally mark important mails
would be definately nice. Maybe we could have a 'memo' page on the
website that does just that. Or maybe something different. Any ideas are
welcome.

Kai