Re: [Adonthell-general] Mandrake Cooker - adonthell-wastesedge...mdk.rpm

From: Doug Laidlaw
Subject: Re: [Adonthell-general] Mandrake Cooker - adonthell-wastesedge...mdk.rpm
Date: Wed, 1 Jan 2003 20:39:01 +1100

A few days ago, I had a computer crash and had to reinstall both Windows and
Linux.  Fortunately the Cooker RPMs survived.

I have "adonthell-wastesedge" as a SRPM.  Even if I installed the Adonthell
RPM first, it refused to compile, saying that it couldn't find adonthell.  It
has just dawned on me that the reason was the change of installation
directories -again.  The compilation process was looking for adonthell in
/usr/local/bin, but the RPM had put it in /usr/games.  Before, the old copy
was still in /usr/local/bin, so the dependency looked O.K.  The reinstall had
deleted my old /usr directory.

To prove the point, I copied the adonthell executable from /usr/games to
/usr/local/bin, and everything was O.K. from then on.  It looks as though they
have a bit of tidying up to do.

I am downloading the binary (noarch) RPM for further investigation.

Happy New Year.

Doug.