Re: [Adonthell-general] Happypenguin Awards

From: Alexandre Courbot
Subject: Re: [Adonthell-general] Happypenguin Awards
Date: Fri, 3 Jan 2003 20:15:19 +0100

> In case you haven't noticed yet, Linux Game Tome lets people vote for
> various games in various categories:
>
> http://happypenguin.org/forums/viewtopic.php?t=441
>
> Thanks to Ingo Ruhnke and another kind fellow we're nominated for all
> relevant categories :). Being:

Ah, rocks! So bad some people assumed that "Adonthell is a demo game for
a RPG engine". That's wrong! Guess we must have screwed up somewhere in
our communication.

> Best Free Linux Game
> Best Graphics
> Most Promising Linux Game Project
> Best Sound/Music
> Best Free Role-Playing Game
>
> It'll be interesting to see how this little event affects the
> downloads. And perhaps we'll even have chances in some of the
> categories! Best Music anyone? :)

Best music, definitely! Best graphics is very playable as well. I mean,
we're lucky enough to have artistic content in our game (and very good
content moreover), which is far from being the case for all free
projects. It's unfair though, that both free and non-free projects
compete in the same category for the best sound/music and best graphics.
I hope people will take that into account and encourage free projects.

Do we look promising? Definitely, I just hope we can enlarge our team so
activity is continuous! ^_^

Anyway, that's great news! I'm really looking forward for the results.
And we have some brilliant opponants to compete with as well. Don't
forget to vote!;p

Alex.
--
http://www.gnurou.org