Re: [Adonthell-general] Start a new game without exiting the app

From: Kai Sterker
Subject: Re: [Adonthell-general] Start a new game without exiting the app
Date: Thu, 27 Dec 2007 22:37:53 +0100

On Dec 27, 2007 6:26 PM, Clément Plantier <address@hidden> wrote:

> I don't know if this is relevant to the engine or to Waste's Edge, but I
> think that it would be nice if, when playing, we could close the current
> game in order to start a new one by returning to the main menu.

It's mostly related to the way the menu and intro scripts are written,
not to the engine. Those are just Python code, so it could be changed
without touching actual engine code. See files in the
<datadir>/wastesedge/scripts directory, especially init.py,
modules/main_menu.py and schedules/control.py.

I haven't checked how hard it would really be. My guess is that it
wouldn't be terribly useful to a lot of people. Might help with
testing your translation, though.

> (French translation : 32%. It's very long...)

Not bad at all. That's around 600 lines already. Kudos!

Kai