Re: [Adonthell-general] putting up screenshots of the adonthell-tools

From: Kai Sterker
Subject: Re: [Adonthell-general] putting up screenshots of the adonthell-tools
Date: Tue, 30 Aug 2011 23:01:27 +0200

2011/8/30 shirish शिरीष <address@hidden>:

> Kai, how can I put up screenshots of the adonthell-tools ? I can put
> up a new page and just write couple of lines about each tool and add a
> screenshot above the blurb but do not know the actual procedure of
> uploading a screenshot to the wiki. Could you guide/tell me how to do
> it ?

Just log in, then use the upload file link on the left, in the toolbox
group. Or go there directly:

  http://adonthell.berlios.de/doc/index.php/Special:Upload

There's a bit of a problem, however. The upload directory needs to be
writable by the webserver. I used to have the ownership set to the
webserver and everything was fine, but during an upgrade of the
mediawiki software, this got changed back to my user. Unfortunately,
berlios has tightened its security in the meantime, and I'm no longer
able to change the owner to the webserver. Conversely, even if I make
the upload directory writable to everyone, some script will reset that
after a short amount of time.

I do have an old backup though, where the upload directory still
belongs to the webserver. So for now I have made a symlink to that
one, so that you can upload your images. Eventually, I'll have to move
them to the new upload directory, because otherwise some of the
current images are no longer available (and copying them to the old
directory will mess up the ownership and permissions again).

So yeah, please go ahead, upload the files you need and let me know
when you're done, so I can shuffle stuff around.

Kai