Re: [Adonthell-general] why do we have _no_toc at the top of each wiki p

From: Kai Sterker
Subject: Re: [Adonthell-general] why do we have _no_toc at the top of each wiki page ?
Date: Fri, 18 Nov 2011 21:14:12 +0100

2011/11/17 shirish शिरीष <address@hidden>:

>  I just went to edit one of the wiki pages and saw that they have
> __NOTOC__ on top of each page, having a TOC makes it easier to link
> stuff too as well as makes it look good, I do understand the fact that
> maybe the section headings perhaps need to be made more easier to
> understand.
>
> Looking forward to answers.

Mostly, those articles that are shore enough to fit on one page have
the __NOTOC__ tag, as it only takes away space without real use.

As articles grow, it might make sense to enable the TOC, but perhaps
the need for a TOC is also a sign that there's too much stuff in the
article and it should be split.

And whether there is a TOC or not, it's always possible to link to
section headers from other pages. But again, the need to link to a
section of an article is yet another signal that maybe there's too
much different stuff together in one article.

Kai