Re: [Adonthell-general] A new font and related woes

From: Kai Sterker
Subject: Re: [Adonthell-general] A new font and related woes
Date: Tue, 19 Jul 2016 23:34:17 +0200

On Tue, Jul 19, 2016 at 10:44 AM, Kai Sterker <address@hidden> wrote:

> So I did test with a number of different fonts yesterday night, and discovered some issues  [...]
>
> First of all, there was still a bug in rendering that caused segfaults when using certain fonts.

It's now checked in. I will make one more pass over the font sizing tomorrow, then I will update the beta tarballs for testing.

> Btw., leaving aside the matter of size for a moment (which might improve things a little once I have found a way to render each font at a roughly equal pixel size), from all the fonts suggested so far, the only one that looked halfway decent was Aclonica. It seems that fonts with serifs are too thin, so looking at others might not hurt.

Attached are examples of each of the suggested fonts, with the current font sizing implementation. I think I can make it a little bit better still, but I guess the end result will only differ slightly.

Kai