aeskulap-devel

[Aeskulap-devel] Using Aeskulap to Q&R for DCM4CHEE

From: David M. Kowalski
Subject: [Aeskulap-devel] Using Aeskulap to Q&R for DCM4CHEE
Date: Fri, 23 Nov 2012 10:40:12 -0500

Hi Folks.

Do we have an integration with dcm4chee using Askulap as its Viewer?  Since
dcm4chee does not Q&R from other PACS systems, I have found aeskulap very
useful in performing this function.  The only problem I have is a DICOM error
message from aeskulap since it sends the images straight to dcm4chee and not
back to Aeskulap.

I'm not a programmer, but have extensive DICOM knowlege and by changing the
move AET in aeskulap (Calling AET in GUI to Server), I can use it to query
most PACS solution and re-direct the studies to dcm4chee providing the Q&R
function of other PACS solutions that it does not have.

I read the board that lists the desired functionality of using aeskulap as a
Q&R SCU and be able to send the studies from aeskulap to a PACS.  This would
be very nice as well, but where I'm stuck is just changing the "images failed"
message in aeskulap when I put a different move AET in its Q&R of a PACS.  I'd
like the message to be changed to "images delivered to X-Pacs" instead.

Any guidance on where to change the message would be great.  I can't seem to
find it to change it.  I'm running aeskulap & dcm4chee on the same linux box.
My primary reason for this is due to the fact that my very old PACS does not
have compression and with dcm4chee in front of it, I can Q&R studies JPEG2000
lossless compressed.  This means my remote sites with small bandwidths can get
their needed images quickly and can burn them to disk for visiting patients.

Respectfully,

Dave K.