alsa-xmms-user

[Alsa-xmms-user] Problem with endiannes

From: Ondrej Certik
Subject: [Alsa-xmms-user] Problem with endiannes
Date: Thu, 19 Sep 2002 07:31:46 -0700 (PDT)

Hello,
I have PowerMac 7500, with AWACS sound card, and have
the following problem:
I compiled latest CVS sources for Alsa driver
snd-powermac, used latest alsa-xmms, and have xmms
1.2.7.

When I play wav files in xmms, everything is OK, but
when I play ogg/mp3 file I hear loud random noise.
The problem is with endiannes, because when I switched
the endiannes of the audio data in the sources in
alsa-xmms (in the output
function), ogg/mp3 were ok, but wav caused random
noise.

So my question is: whose fault is it? And where
exactly
should it be fixed?
The problem probably isn't in alsa-xmms, but I don't
know which  other list should I ask at, because when I
play wav or ogg/mp3 using oss - everything is OK.

The problem also probably isn't in ALSA, because wav
files play all right (or mp3/ogg after changing the
sources).

Thank you,
Ondrej Certik