alsa-xmms-user

[Alsa-xmms-user] use of default instead of "hw"

From: Albert Jongkit Wong
Subject: [Alsa-xmms-user] use of default instead of "hw"
Date: Tue, 22 Oct 2002 16:30:30 -0700 (PDT)

I submitted a patch to change the hard-coded device to "default" rather
than "hw" as this causes problems with stuff like my USB sound on my G4
cube which does not support Big-Endian input directly.  This was done via
a suggestion from the alsa-devel list.

I don't know if there is a reason against doing this (though if there is,
I'd love to know it for my own knowledge), but it might be nice if this
were the default hard-coded option.

Also, if nothing else, I made a few changes to remove some of the magic
numbers that were being used to change the device being talked to.  I
don't think the current method of changing the static buffer is really all
that wise...perhaps you should look into a dynamic method?  If you're
concerned with now wanting to use dynamic memory, perhaps alloca would be
a good approach.  I'd be happy to write that in if it sounds feasible.

-Albert