ambar-dev

[Ambar-dev] address@hidden: Re: latin1 support in Clio]

From: Pablo Ruiz Múzquiz
Subject: [Ambar-dev] address@hidden: Re: latin1 support in Clio]
Date: Sun, 17 Feb 2002 23:46:56 +0100

----- Forwarded message from Pablo Ruiz Múzquiz <address@hidden> -----

Date: Mon, 18 Feb 2002 10:06:34 +0100
From: Pablo Ruiz Múzquiz <address@hidden>
Subject: Re: latin1 support in Clio
To: Ian Peattie <address@hidden>
Cc: address@hidden

El Lun 18 Feb 2002 08:58, escribió:
> Pablo,
> Currently, Clio filters out any input character above ASCII 127.
> The reason for this is that the MUD for which Clio was originally
> written filters out these characters anyway, so I just stopped
> Clio from sending them to save a little bandwidth.
>
> I can easily remove this filter, but I'll need to check that the
> ncurses screen handling code can cope with them. I'll try to find
> some time to look at it over the next week or two.

OK. I see.

> Is it possible for me to login to your MUD to test it?

Of course you can. You can login at 80.59.169.162 port:2000. As it is in
spanish, I've created a character for you called 'Clio' (no passwords yet
;-)). Just press 'r' when the welcome message appears and enter 'Clio'.
You'll be sent directly to a testing room where you can try everything you
want. Although Minë is very unstable at present, I hope you don't encounter
any problems.
Oh, If you know some spanish you can try and enter '+?' at the prompt to read
the help available. Default action is to speak, so you can just enter some
text and it will appear on screen.

> There is only one source code, which is used to build all the different
> versions, so any change will automatically appear in all versions.

Great, It's what i imagined.

Thankyou for your quick answer and please let me know when you remove that
filter in order to tell my players and start using your mud client.
--
Pablo Ruiz Múzquiz
http://eutherpe.org

----- End forwarded message -----