ambar-dev

[Mine-dev] eager tweed

From: Mag Wise
Subject: [Mine-dev] eager tweed
Date: Thu, 27 Jul 2006 14:04:20 -0400

Star your good points, clothes will help you. The reaction was bound to come by reason of eternalprecedent. White is safe in any room, black is at times too strong. She would look differently,be different and has not the wisdom to shake off her fetters. It is her _mind_ that is wrong; it is turned _in_,instead of _out_. Some people buy footwear as they buy fruit; they like what they see, sothey get it! Looking about, one feels in anArabian Nights dream. It is no mere chance, this use of vivid colour. She it is who carries everyoccasion she graces--indoors, out-of-doors, at home, abroad. The sculpture relief is enamelled terra-cotta in white, blue, green, yellow and manganese colours. What we do, and how we do it, is oftenseriously and strangely affected by what we have on. It is no mere chance, this use of vivid colour. PLATE VII Fifteenth-century costumes on the Holy Women at the Tomb of our Lord. CHAPTER VIIFOOTWEARFootwear points the costume; every child should be taught this. Though she possess both style andbeauty, she elects to emphasise style. It is no mere chance, this use of vivid colour. When away from ones own setting,personality is one of the chief assets of every woman. It is well to follow this colour instinct in clothes aswell as in furnishing. This border surrounds the pictures whichillustrate the text. Both _how_ and_when_ still annoy us as a nation. Mark Twain, in his last days, insisted that he wrote moreeasily in his night-shirt. Gothic costumes in Gothicinteriors, and Early Renaissance costumes in Renaissance interiors. Also our sensible skirt may be far toonarrow for comfort.