ambar-dev

[Mine-dev] swallow

From: Nellie Duke
Subject: [Mine-dev] swallow
Date: Fri, 28 Jul 2006 14:29:38 +0300

Are our lackeyssufficiently devoted to us to risk their lives for us? Arrived at the foot of the bastion, there were still morethan a dozen of the enemy. All very well, said Porthos, but I should like tounderstand. said Athos; that does honor to your imagination. I have given you all I have, and I beg leave totell you that this is the bottom of my sack. You shall not do that, dArtagnan, said Athos, coolly. We know that thedream of his life had been to become a Musketeer. Relate what haspassed during the night, since these gentlemen desire toknow it. cried dArtagnan; dont you see theyare aiming? although I am very much afraidthat your good wishes will not be of great service to me. As soon as the enemyare within musket shot, we must fire upon them. That renders it useless to get a pleurisy by too muchhaste. We have just time to finish this fowl and to drinkone glass of wine to your health, dArtagnan. 48 A FAMILY AFFAIRAthos had invented the phrase, family affair. Yes, said dArtagnan; but we shall indubitably attract aball. asked a dragoon, with his saberrun through a goose which he was taking to be cooked. The young men sprang up, and seized their muskets. de Busigny, the dragoon, the Swiss, and thefourth bettor. These Rochellais are bungling fellows, said Athos; howmany have we killed of them--a dozen? In the evening, at the appointed hour, the four friends met. She worries me in England as well as in France, saidAthos. My faith, said dArtagnan to Athos, you had a triumphantidea! DArtagnan uttered an exclamation of surprise andindignation. Athos waved his flag, turning his back on the guards of thecity, and saluting those of the camp. said Porthos; pass the pen to Aramis, who writestheses in Latin. We are going, in order towin it, to remain an hour in the bastion. I know aclever person at Tours--Aramis stopped on seeing Athos smile. No, only add two bottles of champagne, and the differencewill be for the napkins. We must fire aslong as we have loaded guns. Or rather, to observe the chronologicalorder, I and dArtagnan, replied Athos. de Trevilles was as gay and cheerful aspossible. Gentlemen, said Athos, no divided attention, I beg; leteach one pick out his man. The affair was described to the messenger with all theeffervescence of enthusiasm. And you have that letter of the cardinal? This was the price of the queens diamond. Whythe devil, then, do we plague ourselves about money, whenthere is a diamond? Nothing was heard but cries ofLive the Musketeers! Well, theres just the man we want, said Athos.