ambar-dev

[Mine-dev] bribery

From: Tilda Lloyd
Subject: [Mine-dev] bribery
Date: Mon, 31 Jul 2006 14:14:26 +0200

To do what I wanted to do,I had to have millions. She told him to wait and re-inserted herselfbehind the wheel. What if the soldiers refuse to fire on their people? I also know that you made up your mind to acttowards me as he had acted towards you. Naturally, I asked whether he knew wherethis man was. Compared with the premiums the newmill would pay, the sum was trifling. Who but a great man would, without a momentshesitation, have acted on it? BobStevens, of course, had told me much; more than he ever thought hewas telling me. But it will be the dictatorship of mind overmatter. She would have been a tower ofstrength to me. She had come to the conclusion that she could not do it. The end justified the means; it has alwaysdone so; it will always do so. Humaningenuity can neither foresee the problems nor their solutions. I heard them cheeringa while ago, on the Terrace. I will tell you that, too, the son said in measured tones. At least, so Ruth reasoned, he was not after her money but afterher. Well,a financier I have become, willy-nilly. She could not help herself: she pondered the trifles. Well,a financier I have become, willy-nilly. Personally I care as little for mere wealth, for pomp andcircumstance as my grandfather did. Theyll show it when itcomes to the final struggle. At the end of all your concessions standsrevolution and bloodshed. And you think you can persuade Mr Cole to go with you? But Edmund went on, somethinglike exaltation now blending with cynicism in his voice. If I cant there will be a cataclysm; and the whole industrialrevolution will be lost to mankind. My father had succumbed to anoverwhelming temptation arising out of the mistake of a clerk. She could not help herself: she pondered the trifles.