ambar-dev

[Mine-dev] auto

From: Dannie Mack
Subject: [Mine-dev] auto
Date: Tue, 8 Aug 2006 19:58:50 -0500

They have run off to betray us, said Narayan Singh. Those two are superstitious,which makes them doubly dangerous, but at the same time doublyfoolish. We might as well have questioned a four-year-old child. Whoever asks, dont tell him your objective. I shall go straight to the BritishResident and tell him all about you! After that I slept, I dont know how long, and when I awoke Lhatenwas in the room. The dugpas areas much their enemies as the law of gravity is the enemy of thewill to rise. I know these devilswho have done this thing. What I actually said was:Whats the use of arguing! There we left them, Grim and I riding one pony, he holding me on. I had lost so much blood thatfinally I fainted into Grims arms. Your servants told how he died in your tent near Zogi-la. No, said Lhaten, but I think you will not see what you go for. He began to try to use the Dalai Lamas letter that he stole fromMordecai. How should I know you werent burning my sheds? He lives, because he said a man named Ramsden is to follow him. Then she stuck a knife against my ribs and ordered me in brokenHindustanee to ride on. No Mahatma wouldconsent to be in league with murderers. With an arm over Grims shoulder and Narayan Singhs, Imanaged to gasp out what had happened. He sent Narayan Singh up trail to bring thebodies of Tsang-Mondrong and Tsang-yang. Being half-dead I could hearlittle and see less, but I could feel the giant collapse on topof me. I asked the girl, supposing she had alover and was trying to make use of me to get to him. If I know or can do anythingthere is no need to talk of it. He sent Narayan Singh up trail to bring thebodies of Tsang-Mondrong and Tsang-yang. I know these devilswho have done this thing. Lhaten, said Sidiki ben Mahommed, is an extremely importantpersonage. I approached the stranger and asked him rather curtly who he wasand why he had entered unannounced. The stranger put his hand into his breast and produced a sheet ofpaper, folded twice. His brain and my weight and muscle havebrought the two of us out of many a tight place. I think that was the only time I ever regretted having acted swiftlyon Grims suggestion. But as I opened my mouth to speak I thought of Rait again.