ambar-dev

[Mine-dev] superior

From: Clarence Mendez
Subject: [Mine-dev] superior
Date: Fri, 01 Sep 2006 13:14:09 -0000

Tau heard and smiled in his slow, secret way. It died away; there was deep silence; he heard a rustling as of robes. Presently voices, mens voices, prayed him to rise.
Tau heard and smiled in his slow, secret way. It died away; there was deep silence; he heard a rustling as of robes. Perhaps it had been loosened, at least it fell.
Yet, when you could have escaped, why did youfly away, as I saw you do? Learn to obey if you would command,and seek, not self-will or glory but the light.
As he came the first ofthem leapt at Nefra.
Anath came to him with reports of affairs, to which he listenedpatiently, saying little.
Yet hedrives his chariot over four of them and pierces the fifth throughwith his spear. This done, he turned to Temu and other scribes, saying to them thewords that they should write. It grew nearer andmore near, and now through the dust shone helms and spears andburnished chariots. You seem to have taken some hurt, Son, said Apepi in a cold voice. Apepis captain appeared by the chariot of Khian.
Then he made a sign whereon certain armed slaves ran forward. Nor will you escape from the palace for the secondtime. Nor will you escape from the palace for the secondtime. On he drove till he saw where a generals standardflew. Past him, staggering backwards,went the form of Pharaoh, and in his breast was fixed a knife.
My honour has never yet been doubted, Khian called back.
It seemed to him that theblack tormentors shrank from their office. Apepi laughed cruelly and answered:All in good time, but not yet, I think. Apepi loosed his hold and with a cry fell backwards into themoat beneath.
You could and will, I am sure, my Uncle, Nefra answered, tossing herhead.
Still, Son, Iwill repeat them to you, that you may never say you have not beenfairly dealt with.
He shut his eyes, making his soul ready todepart.
Refuse, and I will kill youevery one and take him, living or dead, to his father, Apepi thePharaoh.