anarchdb-devel

Re: [Anarchdb-devel] Alive

From: Meshee
Subject: Re: [Anarchdb-devel] Alive
Date: Thu, 1 Nov 2007 15:55:21 +0100

I'm in too.
I'm software engineer and architect for Jee plateform located in France, unfortunatly with almost no free time to work on ardb c++ code (+ i have enough coding at work :x_x).

I can ask to host an ardb site on sabbatinfrance.org, the biggest vtes community of france (i'm co-admin/owner of the domain, nickname meshenka)

Have several mirror site hosted around the world could be nice ^^.

Several task i can think of for ardb whith various degree of urgency:
-community buzz: spead the news, ask communities what do they want to see in next ardb release etc
-documentation: some docs are around about how to use ardb, how to compile etc, ( http://wiki.vekn.org/index.php/Category:ARDB_Manual). It needs review and integration in the main application package
-new logo contest, fork -> new name? -> new logo
-bug reporting
-codebase cleanup
-stabilize compilation env for various OS win/mac/*nix
-studies of concurrent applications (ELDB, FELDB http://member.rpg.hu/bala/feldb.html )
-contact with white-wolf  to sponsor the new app

I could try to find time for webdesign and hosting managment (one shot investment)
I can act as coordinator to sort Enh request/Bug report etc as it should not consume a lot of time.
I would of course do the community work for france

2007/11/1, Luiz Mello <address@hidden>:
"Graham Smith" escreveu:

> On Nov 1, 2007 11:27 AM, Luiz Mello wrote:
>> About the project, what are the main programming needs right now? Is there
>> any
>> task you think it would be a good idea if you got help with? Maybe some
>> testing
>> and bug reporting?
>
> Testing and bug reporting would be great.  These are some of the most
> important tasks in software development so if you want to help with
> this it will be a great help.

I'll be glad to.

> Also I think we need a new website.  I have a web host we can use and
> can also register a domain name for it if we want for a small cost.
> So anybody want to design a new website to help relaunch Ardb?

I don't have the time to design the website (and not really the skills, either),
but I could host it at www.vtesbrasil.com, if you guys are ok with it.

Regards,

Luiz Mello