antbear-devel

Re: [Antbear-devel] GUI

From: wolpers
Subject: Re: [Antbear-devel] GUI
Date: 18 Nov 2002 00:07:09 +0100

On Fri, 2002-11-15 at 21:49, Daniel Ng wrote:
> So, what shall we have in the GUI?
>
> -Ability to show list of everything contained in the
> antbear's databases eg. list of Gameservers,
> Supporters known to the antbear, players, player
> attributes, etc. (some sort of drill-down menu?)

Uh, that would be quite a lot of information.  Also I do not know if
this could be easily done using AWT.  I want to remind you that it is
important to use AWT (the 'classpath' project issue 8) .

> -Ability to select a particular Gameserver or
> Supporter and disconnect it

Yes to the supporter, 'not sure' to the gameserver.  If we manage it to
display all gameservers we might as well offer the option to disconnect
a gameserver manually.  But I do not see a situation where a user would
want to remove a gameserver from the list.

> -Ability to specify a Gameserver or Supporter to
> connect to

Yes to both.

> -'Clone' button to clone 1 Master from another Master

Yes, good one.

> Anything else?

Well you may have noticed that there is a new guy in the list of
developers at savannah named 'haplo' .  He is a friend of mine that
likes to code from time to time.  He asked me a while ago if there is
something he could do so I offered him to do the GUI.  Here is what we
have so far:

- The gui should be started by providing the antbear with a certain
parameter ( --gui or whatever ).
- The gui can be connected to a anbear over the network for remote
administration.
- He set up a protocol, based on XML, that can be used for antbear-gui
to antbear-server communication.
- The gui will be able to display statistics.

The details can probably be best described by himself, so I will ask him
to do that one of these days.

- Thorsten