apps-gnustep

Re: UTF8 String Encoding

From: Richard Frith-Macdonald
Subject: Re: UTF8 String Encoding
Date: Wed, 12 Sep 2001 14:15:40 +0100

On Wednesday, September 12, 2001, at 05:33 AM, ramana rao wrote:

We have one problem here, it seems GNUstep does not provide UTF8 string Encoding, but we have application where UTF8 is compulsory.

What can be done in such a situation

GNUstep does do utf-8, but it depends on iconv to do it.
You need to make sure you have a libc that includes a working iconv, or install
a standalone iconv library before configuring and building GNUstep-base