apps-gnustep

Re: Compiling in ProjectCenter

From: Fred Kiefer
Subject: Re: Compiling in ProjectCenter
Date: Wed, 04 Mar 2009 23:56:54 +0100

Miguel Cepeda wrote:
> Hi everybody,
>
> I accomplished all the steps indicated in "a basic tutorial" written by
> Pierre-Yves Rivaille (which uses ProjectCenter and Gorm) and when
> reaching the last step which is compile, it says it does not find make
> and gdb.  Does anyone know which path should I give in:
>
> - Preferences -> Miscellaneous for:
> -- Build
> -- Debugger
>
> and I also would like to ask why when working in Gorm with the graphic
> components I click on the Inspector and select Attributes, a no method
> is shown for the components.
>
> I apologize if this is not the proper channel for this kind of question,
> but this is my first time and I am trying to make this work so I can
> convince a lot more people to use these tools.

It probably is better to ask on the help mailing list or on the
discussion list, which is the most popular.

But than nobody could answer your first question. Of course the paths
you have to enter are specific to your system and you didn't even give a
hint, which system this is. The easiest way to find out about this paths
is on most system 'which gcc' and 'which gdb', but this may not work on
your system then locate might work otherwise you need to look yourself.

I didn't fully understand your Gorm question, why do you expect methods
to show up in the attributes pane. If you want to create a connection
the proper pane is Connections.

Hope this helps,
Fred