aramorph-users

[Aramorph-users] trouble with retrieving glosses

From: Nitin Motwani
Subject: [Aramorph-users] trouble with retrieving glosses
Date: Tue, 18 Jul 2006 08:22:40 -0700 (PDT)

Hi,

I'm kind of a newbie with a lot of this stuff and I don't know if this is
the best place to post this so I'd like to apologize if this is an
inappropriate query.

I'm using AraMorph to transliterate some English words to Arabic and I'm
getting the following error:

Exception in thread "main" java.lang.RuntimeException: kAlyfwrnyA  is
neither in found or notFound !
        at
gpl.pierrick.brihaye.aramorph.AraMorph.getWordSolutions(AraMorph.java:777)

So I'm interpreting that for some reason the glossaries of the word that I'm
passing is not being read. I checked the dictionary at

http://cvs.savannah.gnu.org/viewcvs/aramorph/aramorph/src/java/gpl/pierrick/brihaye/aramorph/dictionaries/dictStems?rev=1.1&view=auto

and the entry (kAlyfwrnyA) does seem to have a gloss so there must be
something wrong with my code obviously. Here's the code snippet I'm using to
do this task:

<code>
//tempStr is a String variable that contains كاليفورنيا which gets romanized
//kAlyfwrnyA and that's what romanString contains

AraMorph am=new AraMorph(outputStream,true);
String romanString=new String(am.romanizeWord(tempStr2));
am.analyzeToken(romanString);
Iterator it_solutions = am.getWordSolutions(romanString).iterator();
                while (it_solutions != null && it_solutions.hasNext()) {
                    Solution curSol = (Solution)it_solutions.next();
                    System.out.println(curSol.toString());
                    System.out.println(curSol.getWordGlosses());
                }
</code>

Any and all help will be truly appreciated.

-Nitin